You know, I started to write out this recipe and told myself I’d make it a simple chicken parm sandwich however, a few ingredients and steps later, it turned into this grown-up Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich. This Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich has a crunchy bite with a little kick and is made extra flavorful with my homemade tomato sauce with globs of melted mozzarella on top. I’ll be working on a simple chicken parm sandwich, don’t worry, but in the meantime I hope you enjoy this!
Please, don’t be overwhelmed by looking at the process of making this. Easy doesn’t just mean 5 ingredients with 2 steps. This recipe can be done in about 30-40 minutes and the result is a juicy, flavorful sandwich.
If you decide to make this recipe or have any questions about how to make it, head over to my instagram @thefamiliarkitchen so we can connect and I can see how it turned out for you!
- Boneless Chicken Breast, 2 lb
- Frying Oil (I use peanut oil; vegetable is fine)
- Sandwich Rolls, as needed
- Mozzarella, 1-2 thick slices per sandwich
- Flat Leaf Parsley, optional garnish
- Flour Mix: 1 cup AP Flour, 1 tbsp Salt, 1/2 tbsp Black pepper, 2 tbsp Cayenne
- Egg Mix: 3 Eggs, whisked
- Breading Mix: 1/2 cup Panko, 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning, 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- Cherry Tomatoes, 2 cups, halved
- Pearl or White Onions, 1, diced
- Garlic Cloves, 6
- Poblano Peppers, 2
- Italian Seasoning, 2 tbsp
- Cayenne, 1 tbsp
- Brown Sugar, 1 tbsp
- Maple syrup, 1 tbsp
Leave a Reply