We’re making use of summer peaches to make this Peach Sabudana Pudding. It is delightfully sweet with little pops of chewy, bubbles of jaggery-coated Laxmi sabudana. It’s kind of like bubble tea meets pudding!
This easy-to-make recipe can skip the peaches and swap in another fruit if you’d like. It’s very versatile and the combinations of sweet flavors are endless!
Love peaches and like the sound of this Peach Sabudana Pudding recipe? You might also enjoy my recipes for:
If you have any questions when making this recipe reach out to me @thefamiliarkitchen on instagram. I’d LOVE to see how it turns out for you so be sure to tag me when you make it 🙂
Peach Sabudana Pudding
- Laxmi Sabudana ½ cup
- Peaches 2 diced
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- Cardamom pods 6
- Lime Juice 1 teaspoon
- Coconut Milk 2 cups
- Gelatine .5oz (2 packets total of Knox Gelatine)
- Jaggery ⅓ cup
- Bring 5 cups of water to boil. Once boiling, add rinsed sabudana and cook for 8-10 min.
- Remove from heat and let continue cooking in water for 10-12 min. The sabudana should be clear. Strain and set aside.
- In a skillet, add the peaches, sugar, cardamom, and lime juice. Cook on medium for 12-15 minutes until softened.
- Allow the peaches to cool before transferring to a blender. Add the coconut milk and purée. Once puréed, blend in the gelatin powder. Set aside.
- To a skillet, add the jagger and 1⁄4 cup of water. Turn on the heat to medium and allow the sugar to melt for 4-5 min.
- Once jaggery melts, toss in sabudana and cook for just another 1-2 minutes so the sugar sticks to the sabudana.
- Now fill a bowl with the sabudana then the peach purée. Refrigerate for about 4 hours. That’s it!