Chocolate Blueberry Pancakes with Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Syrup
There’s nothing like a good stack of pancakes to kick-off your Saturday morning, or any day really. I love pancakes because the flavor combinations are endless. Make them sweet, make them savory, add some spice, top with fruit, drizzle with chocolate – there are so many options!
Here’s one of my favorite combinations: Chocolate Blueberry Pancakes with Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Syrup.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp room-temperature butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (or PB2 peanut butter powder)
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate nibs
- 1/2 cup blueberries
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Start by making the sauce. Add the sugar in a saucepan whisk it continuously. When the sugar starts turning golden brown, immediately add the butter and continue whisking to keep the caramel moving (don’t stop!). Once the sugar and butter incorporate evenly, remove the pan from heat and slowly pour the heavy cream into the mix while, yes, you guessed it, continuously whisking. Once blended, pour in a bowl to let cool.
- In a separate bowl, add the peanut butter and just enough water to thin it out. You want the peanut butter to be thick, but thin enough for a drizzle. Set aside.
- Now for the pancakes. In a bowl, mix all the pancake ingredients together starting with the dry ingredients, then wet ingredients.
- Turn the heat up to medium high on your flat pan or griddle and spoon about 1/4 batter onto the pan so it forms a round shape. Once you see a few bubbles appear on the pancake, it’s time to flip, but, before you flip them, add the chocolate nibs and blueberries. When you flip the pancakes, you’ll see the pancake slightly rise (my favorite part!). Let it cook until brown on both sides.
- To plate the pancakes, drizzle the salted caramel and then peanut butter (or combine them together to make one sauce) then top with fresh blueberries. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite way to make pancakes?